Feel free to watch the video for details on my “bribe” if you don’t want to read the whole post….
No equipment or extra software required!
If you are enjoying “Study With Adam” I’d love your honest words, voice and face in a real life, honest student VIDEO testimonial from you.
I can’t guarantee that I will use your video, but if I use it…
I will happily give you a free month extra on your subscription!
Here’s the catch…
I will give preference to videos from students who have done at least ONE
“Video Feedback” lesson as I’d like to have honest comments on this site feature.
If you have not done one, you can STILL send me a testimonial also 🙂
You can of course mention anything you like about the site, but the student-teacher feedback
is different from most other websites, and I’d like to call attention to that feature.
1) In the video testimonial, please tell a little about yourself, like:
- Your Name
- If you have a website, your URL
- How long you have been playing
- Style of playing
- Are you beginner, intermediate, advanced?
- Are you a hobby player, semi pro, pro, or teacher?
- A snippet of you playing? Would be super!
2) Here are some “ideas” for your video testimonials, just to get your creative juices flowing.
- What aspect of “Study With Adam” has been most helpful to you?
- How have you benefitted from the “Video Feedback” feature?
- Have you experienced an “aha” moment, or a transformation in your own playing?
- Is there a new key musical or guitar idea you’ve learned?
- Has the SWA online community inspired you?
- Have you watched other students videos?
- Have you enjoyed the PDFs?
- Is the site easy / hard to use?
- Is it convenient to log in when your schedule allows?
- Have you been satisfied with my personal involvement and communiation?
- Have you set & met any new goals?
- Have you enjoyed the “Watch & Play” videos?
- (please refer to any cover songs as “Adam’s Arrangements” rather than actual song titles)
- Anything else that I have not though of?
3) Video Tips:
- If you do a video testimonial – please hold your favorite guitar in your hands while you do it,or have it in the background.
- I suggest making a tiny “bullet list” before you start speaking in front of a camera.
- If you do get jumbled up while speaking, just stop and start the phrase again, keep going.
- It can always be sliced out of the video – so don’t go crazy trying to do a perfect take.
That’s what I do when I film your lessons 🙂
- Just upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo as “unlisted” and then share it with me so I can see it.
4) To recap – if I select your testimonial I will give you a free month!
And, if you have already been posting “Video Feedback” videos to me with you playing guitar, all you have to do is hit record and talk for a few minutes, and it’s done 🙂
If you upload the video file to a service like YouTube or Vimeo, I may try to download & re-upload to my server, and may edit it.
I’ll need your permission on that, and will of course run the final version past you to make sure you feel ok about my edits.
Thanks in advance!